Thursday, October 21, 2010

Homemade Pepperoni Pizza


My family loves pizza! Pizza is always on the menu once each week, even if I try to avoid it. I have tried taking it off the menu, but we always end up with pizza on a busy day or when I just don't feel like cooking. It got to a point when it would make me sick (literally) and I tried very hard to avoid it all together, which is just impossible in this house.

Then I decided to take the pizza out of the restaurant. Instead of settling for picking up or ordering out, I started making our pizza at home. The fresh ingredients brought me back to the joy of pizza and didn't make me sick.

My kids only like pepperoni pizza, but feel free to add your own toppings as desired!

What you need:

1 Cup Homemade Pizza Sauce
10 Slices of Large Pepperoni
5 Slices of Gourmet Mozzarella
1 Large Thin Pizza Crust (recipe for homemade pizza crust coming soon!)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If desired, brush 2 tablespoons olive oil over pizza crust. Coat crust with sauce, almost to the edge. Cut mozzarella into squares and spread across crust. Add toppings. Place pizza directly on the center of the over rack. Turn oven down to 425 degrees and back for 7-10 minutes until crust is crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment